Elks Carnival set for July 24-28

The 20th annual Tahoe/Douglas Elks Summerfest/Carnival will be July 24-28 at Lampe Park. The carnival runs from 5 to 11 p.m. each day until Saturday, July 27, when it...

It always was a Family business

Story and photos by Joey Crandall There are still remnants. All the way around the room, remnants of the old store in the Haas Center where music made a...

Concert in the Park tonight (Friday)

Garratt Wilkin & The Parrotheads, co-sponsored by Dr. James the Dentist.  Bring a low back chair and enjoy a evening of music at Minden Park from 6:30 to 8:30...

10 a.m. Coffee Break

It’s not news. It’s just a break in your day. Today’s break comes from Mentalfloss.com (click on the image to get there, or on the link below): http://mentalfloss.com/article/51635/how-i-e-except-after-c-ruleEver wonder why something is the way it is? Have a question as to how to get something done within the boundaries of our Valley? Valleypedia is your venue...

Monday Mail Bag: Gardening advice

Ever wonder why something is the way it is? Have a question as to how to get something done within the boundaries of our Valley? Valleypedia is your venue...

Saturday Mail Bag

Ever wonder why something is the way it is? Have a question as to how to get something done within the boundaries of our Valley? Valleypedia is your venue...

Good morning, Carson Valley!

It is Independence Day today, and as my computer informed me this morning, it is Independence Day all day. As you are out celebrating today, and if you get...

Fourth of July in Carson Valley

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!   Here’s the list we have of Fourth of July events in Carson Valley set for Thursday. We know there are more out there,...

Makeover & Movies at LifePoint Church

Story by Jennifer Brown  Summer at LifePoint Church will be full of excitement as the church makes some much-needed renovations to its 18,000 square-foot multi-purpose building. During July, the...

Myers lands in Cambridge

Douglas grad and two-time Northern 4A Regional Basketball Player of the Year Hunter Myers has arrived in Cambridge, Mass., and is already making himself at home on the court. Myers, Douglas High’s...

Lampe Farmers Market

CVT contributing photographer Brad Cockman got out to the Lampe Farmers Market this morning and came away with some great shots. You can check out more of his photos...

Boater safety tips for July 4th

Story by Nevada Division of Wildlife With the Fourth of July holiday coming tomorrow, the Nevada Department of Wildlife wants to remind boaters that many serious boating accidents happen...

Pops in the Park set for July 4

Concert in Genoa at 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Follow the link below for information: Pops in the Park | Reno Philharmonic.

Good morning, Carson Valley

Day 2 of our venture and we were overwhelmed by the initial welcome. Thanks so much to everyone for checking in. As you look around and happen to see...

Fourth of July in CV

Here’s the list we have of Fourth of July events in Carson Valley set for Thursday. We know there are more out there, so please let us know (And...

Valley doctor on NBC’s American Ninja Warrior tonight

Carson Valley /Tahoe ER doctor Noah Kaufman will appear as a competitor on tonight’s season premiere of American Ninja Warrior on NBC. Tonight’s episode starts at 8 p.m.  (Monday) on...

Mumbo Gumbo

Northern California band Mumbo Gumbo played a free concert Friday night at David Walley’s in Genoa. Mumbo Gumbo blends many genres, from rock to soul, afropop to lush balladry,...

“I Dig Dinosaurs” set for Wednesday

Join the Douglas County Public Library Tuesday at the CVIC Hall in Minden  for “I Dig Dinosaurs,” a puppet show presented by the Dragon Theater  Puppets. Puppeteers will take you back...