Job Openings: Administration Director, Management Analyst, Accountant & More
Editor’s Note: If you have a job opening you would like listed on the Carson Valley Times, please send a brief description of the position and qualities sought to email@example.com.
COASTAL AIRE & SHEET METAL
Coastal Aire & Sheet Metal in Minden seeks an HVAC installer for commercial and residential projects
Own tools required
Experience preferred but will train
Valid Driver’s License.
OSHA 10 card
Immediate opening, wage DOE, benefits
Apply in person: Coastal Aire & Sheet Metal, 2528 Business Pkwy (Johnson Lane) or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CARSON VALLEY INN
Carson Valley Inn in Minden currently has a number of openings posted. You can learn more about each at this link. Open positions this week include:
– Surveillance Monitor (full time, graveyard)
– Maintenance Engineer (Graveyard/Swing shifts, full time)
– Banquet Server (on call)
— Server – CV Steak & Katie’s (swing shift, part time)
– Server Assistant – Katie’s (day shift, part time)
– Cook – Katie’s (varied shifts, full time)
– Cook – CV Steak (swing shift, part time).
– Coffee Bar Attendant – Job’s Perk (varied shifts, part time)
– Dishwasher (full-time, day shift)
– Host/Cashier – Katie’s (swing shift, part-time)
– Steward (full time, varied shifts)
— Table Games Dealers (part time/varied shifts)
— Houseman (full-time/day shift)
— Front Desk Clerk/PBX/Reservationist (Varied Shifts/Full Time).
CARSON VALLEY SWIM CENTER
The Carson Valley Swim Center has several open positions. Applications can be printed off the swim center web site or picked up at the swim center. Completed applications must be turned in at the swim center. For more information, visit http://cvswim.com/
Open positions include:
— Maintenance Assistant II: Full Time with benefits
– Maintenance Aide: Seasonal/summer
Casino Fandango in Carson City has a number of job openings posted currently. Interested parties can apply online at www.casinofandango.com/employment or stop by the office at 3800 South Carson Street anytime Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Current openings include:
– Buffet Salad Attendant, part time
– Table Games Dealer, part time
– Sparkle Team (Porter), full time
– Cage Cashier, full time
– Sushi Chef, full time
– Food Server, part time
– Chinese Station Cook, full time
– Valet Attendant, part time
– Action Station Cook, part time
– Host Cashier, part time
– Food Server, part time
– Slot Service Rep, full time
– Busser, part time
– Security Officer, full time
Full time and part time shifts are available at the C.O.D. Casino in Minden for security, keno runner, casino attendant, and bingo supervisor/manager. To apply, pick up an application at the COD Casino.
Douglas County has a number of open positions it is looking to fill. Click on this link for more information: Open positions include:
— Budget Analyst Senior, Full Time, $25.01-37.52 hourly
— District Accountant, East Fork Fire Protection, Full Time, $34.39-48.23 hourly
— Management Analyst, DCSO, Part Time, $22.34-27.92 hourly
– Planner Associate, Full Time, $25.34-34.79 Hourly
— Recreation Aide – Kahle, Part Time, $8.50 hourly
— Recreation Leader Senior, Kahle, Part Time, $15.02 hourly
DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
– Douglas County School District currently has a number of openings posted. You can learn more about each at this link.
Open positions this week include:
— Principal, Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School
— Flag Line Advisory Coach, Douglas High School
— Assistant Baseball Coach, Whittell High School
– Boys Soccer Varsity Coach, Whittell High School
– Girls Soccer Varsity Coach, Whittell High School
— Girls JV Basketball Coach, Whittell High School
– Girls Cross Country Coach, Douglas High School
– Speech & Debate Coach, Douglas High School
– Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Zephyr Cover Elementary School
– Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Minden Elementary School
– Art Teacher, Whittell High School
– Math Teacher, Douglas High School
— Elementary Classroom Teacher
— English teacher, Douglas High School
– Math Teacher, ASPIRE
— Math Teacher, Jacobsen High School
– Music Teacher, Whittell High School
— Agriculture Classroom Teacher, Douglas High School
— Special Education Teacher, ASPIRE
– Special Education Teacher, Whittell High School
— Special Education Teacher, ASPIRE
– Custodian, Jacks Valley Elementary School
– Custodian, Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School
— Secondary Striving Reader Literacy Coach, Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School
– Special Education Teacher, Whittell High School
– Special Education Teacher, Aspire
– Substitute Bus Driver
— Classroom/Playground Aide, Meneley Elementary School
— Classroom/Playground Aide, Scarselli Elementary School
– ESL Aide, Douglas High School
– ESL Aide, Minden Elementary School
– ESL Aide, Pau-Wa-Lu Middle School
– ESL Aide, Jacks Valley Elementary School
– ESL Aide, Minden Elementary School
— Aspire Academy Counselor
— Occupational Therapist, District-Wide
– Educational Interpreter, Transportation
– Occupational Therapist, District wide
– Early Childhood Program Aide, Zephyr Cove Elementary School
– School Psychologist, CC Meneley Elementary School
– School Psychologist, District Wide
– Bus Aide, Valley Transportation
— Special Education Aide, Home Tutor
– Speech Language Pathologist, District Wide
– Speech Language Pathologist, Douglas High School
– District-wide Substitute Student Nutrition Program
– District-wide Substitute Teacher
– Cashier helper II, Student Nutrition Program, Zephyr Cove Elementary
— Technology Systems Specialist
FAMILY SUPPORT COUNCIL
The Family Support Council in Gardnerville, Nev., is seeking an Administration Director. To apply, visit this link.
JOB TITLE: Administration Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of the Family Support Council, the Administration Director will oversee the financial and human resources arenas. This position is a full time, salaried at-will position.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Administration Director will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 3 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. S/he will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) contracts and an affiliate structure with diverse program areas delivered nationally.
They will have the following experience and attributes:
A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
At least three years of experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $1 million.
Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
Deep knowledge and understanding of the Office of Management and Budget Circular A133 audit.
Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience overseeing Human Resources for an organization, and staying current on legal requirements.
Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Program Director.
HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino has the following job positions open. Apply online at this link.
– Accounts Payable
– Assistant Casino Shift Manager
– Banquet Setup
– Barista, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Bartender, Fire Break, Seasonal
– Beverage manager
– Cage Cashier/Club Representative
– Cashier – Gift Shop
– Cocktail Server, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Cook, Fire Break
– Cook, Oyster Bar
– Cook, Park Prime
– Cook, Room service
– Dealer, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Director of Finance
– Dual Rate Supervisor
– Food Runner, Fire Break
– Food Server, Room Service, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Food Server, Fire Break
– Front Desk Agent, Seasonal
– Front Services Attendant
– General Manager – Steakhouse
– Host, Fire Break
– Host Person, Fire Break
– Laundry Attendant
– Lead Front Services Attendant
– Lighting & Stage Technician
– Marketing and Advertising Manager
– Reservations Agent
– Restaurant Supervisor
– Security Officer
– Slot Floor Ambassador, seasonal
– Slot Floor Attendant, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Sous Chef, Brewhouse
– Sous Chef, Park Prime
– Surveillance Agent
– Table Game Supervisor
– Warehouse Receiver
MARK SMITH TIRE CENTER – LES SCHWAB TIRES
Tire Tech/Sales Position: To be filled ASAP. Apply in store at 1151 Highway 395 N. in Gardnerville. See Melissa Davis, Robert Davis or Rob Burgoon. Part-time position, Starting wage $10.90/hr. No experience required, current driver’s license is required, applicants should also be able to use computer and lift 75lbs. On-the-job training is provided.
MINDEN MEAT & DELI
Busy restaurant looking for a few upbeat people to join our team!
MINDEN MEAT AND DELI HAS EXPANDED AGAIN!
We now have 31 craft beers on tap and our customers are loving it!!!
We are looking for both part time and full time restaurant employees
5 positions available
Grill cook/prep cook, multitasking beer server/busser/orders, 2 sandwich artists. Hours available for lunch, and evening.
Sandwich artist must be 18
Servers must be 21
Must be quick and energetic
Must be able to lift 25lbs
Must be able to stand for entire shift
Must have clean appearance and excellent hygiene.
Must have reliable transportation to work.
Must work well with others.
Must be able to talk and serve the public.
Must know how to SMILE and have a personality.
Must be able to stay off personal cell phone during shift.
Cash register, food prep, customer service experience all helpful but not required.
The restaurant is so busy that applications are ONLY AVAILABLE Before 11AM or AFTER 2:00 daily
IF YOU COME BETWEEN 11:00 & 2:00 you will not be given an application
Minden Meat and Deli, 1595 US Highway 395 N
NEVADA JOE COFFEE ON MAIN
Nevada Joe Coffee On Main at 1572 Highway 395 in Minden is seeking baristas. Training can be provided. Anyone interested can bring a resume to the shop during business hours (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
NO PLACE LIKE HOME SENIOR CARE
No Place Like Home Senior Care is looking for Caregivers – Experienced Immediate Openings (Carson City, Gardnerville)
Immediate shifts available for experienced caregivers! Benefits available (Medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Paid Time Off). 2 Hr shifts through 12 Hr & 24 Hr Caregiver needed. Day and Night available. Flexible Part time to Full time hours available. Join our team of Caregivers and make a difference in the lives of seniors. Provide companionship and non-medical daily assistance in their homes. RETIRED & MATURE ADULTS encouraged to apply.
*Experience preferred – professional and/or family experience.
* CPR (Within 3 months of Hiring)
* First Aid (Within 3 months of Hiring)
* Current 2 Step TB
* Physician statement of good health
* Drug Testing
* Fingerprinting ( Must be able to pass a State/Federal Background Check )
* DMV Driving Record
*Initial Orientation/Training (In House)
APPLY ONLINE www.NvNoPlaceLikeHome.com
RITE OF PASSAGE
Coach Counselor (At-risk Youth): Rite of Passage, a national leader in providing rehabilitation services to court-adjudicated youth seeks motivated Coach Counselors. A desire to work with troubled teens is a must. Previous experience, Law enforcement, military experience, or a degree in a Social Service preferred. Please visit www.riteofpassage.com or call 775-463-5111, ext. 3203 for an application.
SILVER STATE TOWING
Silver State Towing in Gardnerville is hiring a commissioned tow truck driver. This is the best part, we are willing to train the right person who has a high school diploma and is over 21 years old. A class A license is NOT required. All that’s needed is a hard worker who like customer service, a clean DMV and background checks. Also must be able to pass a drug test, that includes marijuana.
Silver State Towing CPCN 7183. We are hiring for a commissioned Tow Truck Operator. Silver State Towing is looking for someone who can provide great customer service. We are an established growing towing company with a lot of opportunity for the right person. No experience is necessary we will train. This position takes a self motive person that is excited about working with people at anytime of day or night.
If you think you have what it takes please apply at our office we would love to meet you, please apply in person:
1463 Southgate Drive
Gardnerville, NV 89410
Be able to work nights & weekends full time position
Have clean driving record
Pass drug test
Live in Gardnerville, Minden Area
Pass a background with California Highway Patrol and AAA (felony conviction, please don’t apply)
High School diploma
STARBUCKS CARSON VALLEY ROASTING PLANT
The Starbucks Carson Valley Roasting Plant is hiring for a variety of positions. Click on this link for more information on any of them. Open positions include:
– Project Engineer
– Maintenance Technician, Off-Shift
– Distribution Partner, Off-Shift, Full Time
– Distribution Partner, Off-Shift, Part Time
– Maintenance Supervisor, Off-Shift
– Automations Specialist, third shift
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHILDCARE CENTER AND KINDERGARTEN
Trinity Lutheran Childcare Center and Kindergarten in Gardnerville is looking for a part-time school bus driver for its summer program. Must have a bus license and be willing to get a background check. Please call Laura at 782-5437.
VALLEY EYECARE & EYEWEAR
Eye care dispensary/technician: Seeking high-energy individual to assist doctor in growing eye care practice. Desire strong people skills and technical ability. Duties include patient reception, examination pretesting, chairside assisting, contact lens training, and optical sales / dispensing. Paid training, vacation, holidays and personal days. Continuing education benefits and bonus program. Experience welcome but not necessary. Compensation negotiable depending on experience. Please email resume and cover letter via this link.
WASHOE TRIBE OF NEVADA & CALIFORNIA
Job Openings! To apply online , go to www.washoetribe.us
GED Instructor and Educational Liaison
Meeks Bay Resort Worker
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS