Job Openings: Bus Drivers, Hotel Front Desk Clerk, Senior Secretary & More
Editor’s Note: If you have a job opening you would like listed on the Carson Valley Times, please send a brief description of the position and qualities sought to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARSON VALLEY INN
Carson Valley Inn in Minden currently has a number of openings posted. You can learn more about each at this link. Open positions this week include:
– Public Area Cleaning Specialist (part-time/Seasonal, graveyard)
– Refrigeration Service Technician (varied shifts, full-time)
– Security Officer (Full Time & Part Time positions available. Varied shifts).
– Heavy Duty Cleaner (Day shift, Full time)
– Cook – Katie’s Country Kitchen (varied shifts, full-time)
– Banquet Server (on call)
– Cook – CV Steak (swing shift, part time)
– Server – CV Steak & Katie’s (part-time, swing shift)
– Server Assistant – Katie’s (day shift, part-time)
– Coffee Bar Attendant – Job’s Perk (varied shifts, part time)
– Dishwasher (full-time, day shift)
– Host/Cashier – Katie’s (swing shift, part-time)
– Steward (full time, varied shifts)
– Sportsbook writer (full-time, part-time)
– Front Desk Clerk/PBX/Reservationist (varied shifts, full time).
CARSON VALLEY SWIM CENTER
The Carson Valley Swim Center has several open positions. Applications can be printed off the swim center web site or picked up at the swim center. Completed applications must be turned in at the swim center. For more information, visit http://cvswim.com/
Open positions include:
– Assistant Director
– Aquatic Supervisor
– Senior Lifeguard
– Cashier II
– Cashier I
– Maintenance Aide
CARSON VALLEY VISITORS AUTHORITY
COASTAL AIRE & SHEET METAL
Coastal Aire & Sheet Metal in Minden seeks an HVAC installer for commercial and residential projects
Own tools required
Experience preferred but will train
Valid Driver’s License.
OSHA 10 card
Immediate opening, wage DOE, benefits
Apply in person: Coastal Aire & Sheet Metal, 2528 Business Pkwy (Johnson Lane) or send resume to email@example.com
Full time and part time shifts are available at the C.O.D. Casino in Minden for security, keno runner, casino attendant, porter, shift manager, bingo supervisor/manager and cocktail waitress. To apply, pick up an application at the COD Casino.
Douglas County has a number of open positions it is looking to fill. Click on this link for more information: Open positions include:
– Budget Manager, Full Time, $31.66-43.45 Hourly
– DART Van Driver, part time, $10.69-14.66 Hourly
– Planner Associate, Full Time, $25.34-34.79 Hourly
– Secretary – Senior, Full Time, $16.66-$22.87 Hourly
– Youth Services Counselor, China Spring, Full Time, $19.32-26.52 Hourly
DOUGLAS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
– Douglas County School District currently has a number of openings posted. You can learn more about each at this link.
Open positions this week include:
– Assistant Baseball Coach, Whittell High School
– Boys Soccer Varsity Soccer Coach, Whittell High School
– Varsity Volleyball Coach, Whittell High School
– Girls Cross County Coach, Douglas High School
– Speech & Debate Coach, Douglas High School
– Scarselli Elementary School Special Education Teacher
– Math Teacher, ASPIRE
– Music Teacher, Whittell High School
– Secondary Special Education Teacher, Douglas High School
– Special Education Teacher, Whittell High School
– Special Education Teacher, Aspire
– PDC Secondary Literacy
– Substitute Bus Driver
– School Psychologist, CC Meneley Elementary School
– School Psychologist, District Wide
– Special Education Aide, Home Tutor
– Speech Language Pathologist, District Wide
– Speech Language Pathologist, Douglas High School
– District-wide Substitute Student Nutrition Program
– District-wide Substitute Teacher
EAST FORK FIRE & PARAMEDIC DISTRICTS
The East Fork Fire & Paramedic Districts is recruiting for an Office Specialist who will be responsible for performing a wide variety of general clerical and routine administrative duties, such as assist the general public, issue burn permits, maintain calendars, etc., in support of District operations. Under close supervision, the incumbent will learn office and District procedures. As experience is gained, there is greater independence of action within established guidelines. The wage range is $15.38 – $21.57 hr (DOE) plus benefits and is full time. A typing certificate is required showing a minimum of 40 wpm. For a detailed job description, review the minimum requirements, or to apply, go to: www.eastforkfire.org or contact our office at (775) 782-9040. The deadline to apply is 5/22/15 by 5:00 p.m. EOE
Frontier Communications is looking for a Local Engagement Officer to assist our Gardnerville office. Must have excellent customer service skills, strong sales experience, administrative skills and ability to be locally engaged in our community to work events. Approximately 30 hours per week, hourly wage plus commissions. Additional details will be provided during preliminary interviews. Please call 775-781-8727 for more information or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO, STATELINE
Check out the opportunities at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe. Visit www.hardrockcasinolaketahoe.com to view all of the open positions and apply online. Click on ‘Careers Opportunities’ at the bottom of the page and then click on ‘view all open job positions’. Please attach a resume to your profile when applying.
– Administrative Assistant
– Banquet Bartender
– Banquet Bartender, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Banquet Cook, Seasonal Summer Opening
– Banquet Server
– Bar Porter – Pool
– Bus Person
– Casino Marketing Manager
– Cocktail Server
– Database Marketing Manager
– Director of Marketing
– Food Runner
– Food Server
– Front Desk Agent
– Front Services Attendant
– IT Technician
– Lead Cook
– Manager of Property Analytics
– Marketing and Advertising Manager
– Model Bartender
– Model Cabana Attendant
– Model Cocktail Server
– Pool Supervisor
– Prep Cook
– Restaurant Supervisor
– Revenue Audit Clerk
– Security Officer
– Sous Chef
– Special Projects
– Stage Technician
– Surveillance Agent
– Table Game Supervisor
MARK SMITH TIRE CENTER – LES SCHWAB TIRES
Tire Tech/Sales Position: To be filled ASAP. Apply in store at 1151 Highway 395 N. in Gardnerville. See Melissa Davis, Robert Davis or Rob Burgoon. Part-time position, Starting wage $10.90/hr. No experience required, current driver’s license is required, applicants should also be able to use computer and lift 75lbs. On-the-job training is provided.
MINDEN MEAT & DELI
Busy restaurant looking for a few upbeat people to join our team!
MINDEN MEAT AND DELI HAS EXPANDED AGAIN!
We now have 31 craft beers on tap and our customers are loving it!!!
We are looking for both part time and full time restaurant employees
5 positions available
Grill cook/prep cook, multitasking beer server/busser/orders, 2 sandwich artists. Hours available for lunch, and evening.
Sandwich artist must be 18
Servers must be 21
Must be quick and energetic
Must be able to lift 25lbs
Must be able to stand for entire shift
Must have clean appearance and excellent hygiene.
Must have reliable transportation to work.
Must work well with others.
Must be able to talk and serve the public.
Must know how to SMILE and have a personality.
Must be able to stay off personal cell phone during shift.
Cash register, food prep, customer service experience all helpful but not required.
The restaurant is so busy that applications are ONLY AVAILABLE Before 11AM or AFTER 2:00 daily
IF YOU COME BETWEEN 11:00 & 2:00 you will not be given an application
Minden Meat and Deli, 1595 US Highway 395 N
NEVADA JOE COFFEE ON MAIN
Nevada Joe Coffee On Main at 1572 Highway 395 in Minden is seeking baristas. Training can be provided. Anyone interested can bring a resume to the shop during business hours (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
NO PLACE LIKE HOME SENIOR CARE
No Place Like Home Senior Care is looking for Caregivers – Experienced Immediate Openings (Carson City, Gardnerville)
Immediate shifts available for experienced caregivers! Benefits available (Medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Paid Time Off). 2 Hr shifts through 12 Hr & 24 Hr Caregiver needed. Day and Night available. Flexible Part time to Full time hours available. Join our team of Caregivers and make a difference in the lives of seniors. Provide companionship and non-medical daily assistance in their homes. RETIRED & MATURE ADULTS encouraged to apply.
*Experience preferred – professional and/or family experience.
* CPR (Within 3 months of Hiring)
* First Aid (Within 3 months of Hiring)
* Current 2 Step TB
* Physician statement of good health
* Drug Testing
* Fingerprinting ( Must be able to pass a State/Federal Background Check )
* DMV Driving Record
*Initial Orientation/Training (In House)
APPLY ONLINE www.NvNoPlaceLikeHome.com
RITE OF PASSAGE
Coach Counselor (At-risk Youth): Rite of Passage, a national leader in providing rehabilitation services to court-adjudicated youth seeks motivated Coach Counselors. A desire to work with troubled teens is a must. Previous experience, Law enforcement, military experience, or a degree in a Social Service preferred. Please visit www.riteofpassage.com or call 775-463-5111, ext. 3203 for an application.
STARBUCKS CARSON VALLEY ROASTING PLANT
The Starbucks Carson Valley Roasting Plant is hiring for a variety of positions. Click on this link for more information on any of them. Open positions include:
– Equipment Driver, Off-Shift
– Automations Specialist, 3rd Shift
– Distribution Specialist, Supply Chain, Off-Shift
– Plant Lead, Off-Shift, Supply Chain
– Distribution Partner, Part-Time, Off-shift
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHILDCARE CENTER AND KINDERGARTEN
Trinity Lutheran Childcare Center and Kindergarten in Gardnerville is looking for a part-time school bus driver for its summer program. Must have a bus license and be willing to get a background check. Please call Laura at 782-5437.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS