Fire Extinguished At Katie’s Country Kitchen In Minden’s Carson Valley Inn Monday Night

Posted By on March 10, 2015

Staff Reports

MINDEN, Nev., 2015 — East Fork Fire & Paramedic Districts responded to the  scene of a small grease fire within Katie’s at the Carson Valley Inn at about 11:45 p.m. Monday night. It was a fire within the prep cook area that was extinguished by the fire sprinkler system. Security called 911 and reported the fire. Crews arrived to find heavy smoke exiting the exhaust system. Katie’s was evacuated whiles crews confirmed extinguishment and no extension of fire.

No one was injured during the fire and the suppression system functioned as designed with no major damage suffered.

Katie’s re-opened Tuesday evening after receiving the green light from the health department and fire department.

“Our sincere thanks to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and the East Fork Fire and Paramedic District who responded very quickly to the alarm,” said the Carson Valley Inn’s Bill Henderson.

 

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS