Road work around Carson Valley today, Friday and Aug. 1
by Melissa Blosser, Douglas County Community
Chip seals and pavement overlays are critical components of Douglas County’s pavement maintenance program. The 2013 Road Seal and Overlay Project is currently in progress and has been contracted with Sierra Nevada Construction. The Department of Public Works would like to inform the public of future traffic delays in the following areas while the project is being completed:
Thursday, July 25 the contractor will chip seal the following roads:
- Fish Springs Road from Home Lane to Homestead Road
- Windmill Lane from Fish Springs Road north approximately ¼ mile
- East Valley Road from Fish Springs Road south to Jo Lane
- Drayton Boulevard from Centerville Lane to Pleasantview Drive (time permitting)
Friday, July 26 the following work will be performed:
- Place a second layer of chip seal on Drayton Boulevard from Centerville Lane to Silveranch Drive.
- Chip seal Kimmerling Lane from SR88 to Tillman Lane.
Thursday, Aug. 1 work areas are tentatively scheduled for:
- Overlay the portion of East Valley from Pinenut Road to Jo Lane
During the week of Aug. 5:
- The re-striping of these roads will occur.
Some chip seal work has already taken place including placement paving fabric on Drayton Boulevard in the Gardnerville Ranchos from Centerville Lane to Silveranch Drive. placement of paving fabric on East Valley Road from Fish Springs Road to Borda Way, chip sealing East Valley Road from Fish Springs Road to Borda Way, and chip sealing Heybourne Road from Airport Road south to the end of pavement.
Feel free to contact Jeff Foltz, PE, Senior Civil Engineer Douglas County Public Works, with any questions 775-782-6233